London Olympic Beer Haven

After attempting to buy Olympic tickets three times and failing I was beginning to think my chances of watching any British cycling was on a par with my credit report; poor. 

The only tickets I managed to buy were a walk round the park and if truth be told my credit card wasn't in the position to splurge out on one of those now empty seats witnessed on tv coverage. I'd also heard that a well known beer corp had drinks rights in the stadium so decided to explore the beer on offer outside the park before entry. As my journey began at St Pancras I walked up Euston road to craft beer house The Euston Tap. I'd heard about this place for a while due to it's extensive range of cask ale & craft beer and wanted to go visit the Grade II-listed ex-station stone lodge. With fridges racked high of bottles, easily nearing the 150 mark to each side of the bar & chalkboards describing the 20 kegged & 8 casked beers on offer, choice was over-whelming. 


As I was in London I wanted to try one of the many new breweries operating within the last 5 years & went for Camden Town Brewery's 'Camden Ink' at 4.4 per cent. Now my new top favourite stout, a darkly enjoyable roasted rich & lingering flavour. As I didn't have much time I purchased a take out as recommended by the helpful barman of Britsol's Arbor Ales' 'Ryetous Mild' at 3.7 per cent for the walk on. A dry-hopped rye mild & to be honest at first glance I thought this was an American craft beer, but then I realised I was thinking of Ann Arbor just west of Detroit, which had more to do with the fact I'd recently watched the documentary film 'Searching for Sugarman'. Secondly I realised I'd spent far too much time at both the Euston Tap & it's new venue, handily directly opposite, The Cider Tap, so made a quick dash onwards to the Olympic park.

Will update in roughly a week as the Great British Beer Festival rolls into London town & I'm back down again for the weekend!







Euston Tap
West Lodge, 190 Euston Rd NW1 2EF
Transport Euston tube/rail














http://www.eustontap.com/
http://arborales.co.uk/
http://www.camdentownbrewery.com/
Searching for Sugarman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carnivale Brettanomyces (Brett Will Eat Everything)

Brew Like A Pro