Kickstarter - Dust & Grooves


Very happy to support this Kickstarter project & can't wait for the book to drop. 


The site officially landed in  the UK a few weeks ago (is that technically right?!?); I've been funding projects from all over the world though. I couldn't resist this one in particular as I'm a vinyl lover. 

Eilon's book is going to be a corker! I thought I would share his update, featured below. 




WEST COAST TRIP:
I have just recently came back from a very productive visit to LA. Been working hard on photographing more collectors and spreading the gospel of Dust & Grooves on the west coast. Here are a few of the new collectors profiled:
Cut Chemist (needs no introduction):
Egon (Now-Again records):
Mario Caldato jr. (Music producer for The Beastie Boys):
Oliver Wang (O-Dub) :
Jeff Gold:
Joe Altruda:

A VISIT TO THIRD MAN RECORDS, NASHVILLE, TN
On the way back to Brooklyn, I made a stop in Nashville to meet the fabulous people at Third Man Records. I had a bl ast and also had a chance to profile Ben Blackwell who's also known as the White Stripes' official archivist.

Ben then took me for a ride at the Third man headquarters and I witnessed the completion of their "Novelties Lounge" (sorry, no photos here) and then we went on a tour at their impressive old school pressing plant, United Record Pressing.

BOOK AND ROAD TRIP UPDATE
DUST & GROOVES IN THE MEDIA:
I was recently interviewed for a short episode about retro media on PBS Off Book.

We also got featured on KCET website with a great article by Oliver Wang about my recent visit to LA. Read it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carnivale Brettanomyces (Brett Will Eat Everything)

Brew Like A Pro