Love Vinyl Support This Book

After another record store day back in April this year down at Rough Trade London and actually being elbowed out of the way by record hungry vinyl lovers...it made me wonder if vinyl ever really died; like we seem to be told by many a paper and global music label. I know, I know, digital music downloads are the future, so I keep hearing, but to me it's a bit like smelling the cake, but never taking a bite and getting the full flavour.
When you check out  Eilon's site called Dust & Grooves you smell the cake, taste it and you get the recipe to make your own when you get home. I nearly had cake kittens reading the Bill Adler feature (head publicist of Def Jam Records in the 80's) and it reminded me of the wonder I felt folding out the inlay from Madlib's Beat Konducta series which shows photographs of his boxed vinly collection and studio space.
The reason I'm writing this is so as many people out there support Eilon's photography and interview project documenting vinyl so he can make and print it (and so I can get my copy!).....here's the link to drop your moneys Kickstarter page for Vinyl Book.

Funds need to be raised by Fri 10th Aug 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carnivale Brettanomyces (Brett Will Eat Everything)

Brew Like A Pro